If you are not satisfied with your smile or have gaps in your teeth that might need braces to fix, porcelain veneer might just be the procedure for you. Porcelain veneers have been on the market for ages now and are very reliable. You can use veneers to close gaps in your teeth that have been of major concern to you instead of using unsightly braces.
The preparation of a tooth for a traditional cosmetic crown procedure involves removing substantial parts of the tooth. For a diseased tooth, this won’t be an issue. However, for solely cosmetic restorative purposes, porcelain veneers offer a much better alternative- your dentist simply removes a small layer of tooth structure and attaches the thin porcelain veneer on the front of the tooth with a special bonding agent.
It is necessary to consult your dentist to find out your best treatment option since veneers might not work in all situations.
What Can Veneers Do for Your Smile?
- Do you have badly stained teeth that do not respond to whitening? then veneers are the way to go.
- Veneers do a good job of covering any cracks you may have on your front teeth.
- Veneers easily cover up chipped teeth.
- Veneers can fill smaller gaps between your teeth without the use of orthodontics
What Can’t Veneers Do for Your Smile?
- Veneers can’t close larger spaces nor correct crooked teeth.
- Fix poorly shaped gum tissue
- Stick to teeth that do not have sufficient tooth structure
Porcelain veneers are perfect for treating fairly minor teeth issues and for cosmetic restoration. You can easily get that perfect smile you’ve always dreamed of with porcelain veneers. Consult with your cosmetic dentist for the best treatment option if you’re not fully convinced.