The dental industry has advanced over the period of time. Now patients can receive treatments that are comfortable in a relaxed environment. If you are looking to improve your smile, it can be done with simple a tooth bonding procedure. It will help in retaining a bright and beautiful smile that will last for a longer duration without any discomfort.
What is Dental Bonding?
It’s a procedure that uses composite resin, usually a plastic for fixing decayed or fractured tooth. The tooth-colored material can be used for repairing chipped and discolored teeth and help them appear attractive and longer. The name has been derived, as the material bonds to your tooth for a longer duration.
How is Dental Bonding Done?
The dentist will first determine the color of the composite resin. Then he will use a tool for removing a part of the tooth surface and coat a liquid so that it can adhere firmly to the bonding material. Once the tooth is prepared, resin is applied and molded and smoothened into the proper shape. Then he will use a laser to harden the material and cut it for giving a perfect shape.
Types of Dental Bonding
It’s classified into direct composite and adhesive bonding. Direct composite is tooth-colored material, which is used for repairing chipped or cracked tooth. It can also help in filling the cavities and closing gaps between teeth. It’s applied directly to the surface of the tooth and it will be visible when you smile.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
- It can be done in the comfort of your dentist’s office.
- The treatment can be done in a single visit without any dental anesthetics.
- It is an affordable cosmetic treatment.
- Only a small amount of enamel needs to be removed.
- It is an ideal way of improving your oral health.
How to Care for Dental Bonding?
- You should always maintain good oral hygiene routine.
- Avoid situations that can lead to chipping of the bonded tooth.
- Avoid smoking to prevent discoloration.
- Visit the dentist at least twice a year.
- Reduce consumption of tea, coffee, and red wine.
- Drink plenty of water.