When it comes to achieving a bright, white, healthy-looking smile these days, there are a lot of options. In the store, you’ve got whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, rinses, strips and even trays. Some users of the internet even claim other methods such as strawberries or charcoal can help you achieve that perfect smile. However, there is a big difference between professional teeth whitening and over-the-counter options. At A Smile 4 U, we offer professional teeth whitening kits for you to use in the comfort of your own home. Wondering what the benefits of professional teeth whitening are? Follow along!
- More thorough whitening. When it comes to dull, stained teeth, there are often two kinds of problems going on: extrinsic and intrinsic staining. Extrinsic staining occurs in the enamel of teeth while intrinsic staining occurs within. Over-the-counter products are meant to remove extrinsic staining, while professional treatment can remove both extrinsic and intrinsic staining.
- More comfortable. When you opt for professional teeth whitening, personalized trays are fabricated for your treatment, allowing them to fit in the mouth perfectly, resulting in irritation or discomfort. Over-the-counter options offer a one-size-doesn’t-fit-anyone tray which can often result in problems.
- Quicker results. Although over-the-counter teeth whitening products have been proven to show results, it can often take weeks and even months to actually see anything. With professional teeth whitening you can often experience 4-9 shades of brightening in just ONE appointment.
- No sensitivity. Another common complaint of over-the-counter teeth bleaching products is that they often result in the teeth feeling sensitive and painful afterward. Professional treatments, however, are not known to cause any discomfort or sensitivity.
- Safer treatment. Along with tooth sensitivity, over-the-counter teeth whitening kits have also been known to cause irritation and damage to the gums. And, although this irritation and damage are only temporary, it still goes to show how healthy the product is for your oral health.
Looking for teeth whitening in Georgia? Contact one of our many A Smile 4 U Georgia dental offices today to speak to someone about scheduling your appointment! We’re always accepting new patients and look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!